Codit is very happy to let you know that the new version of Microsoft BizTalk Server: BizTalk 2013 has been Released to Manufacturing (RTM). This version of BizTalk Server is the flagship integration server that is built to build hybrid integration scenarios in an easier and consistent way.
This is the eighth release of BizTalk Server, and it is the eighth version where Codit has been actively working with. As a TAP customer, we have provided feedback and did extensive testing with the product. The cloud offerings, which will be released soon, include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) capabilities as well as Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities. Please stay tuned for exciting updates on this topic in the near future as we are working very close with the product team on these releases.
We are also proud to say that we have just released a new version of the following products, supported and tested on BizTalk Server 2013:
- Codit Integration Dashboard: handle exceptions and resubmit messages in a user friendly web based portal.
- Codit Integration Framework: our framework is processing millions of messages every day in projects around the world and will be doing so for the BizTalk 2013 version. The new version of our framework contains a lot of new features. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
For the on-premises BizTalk Server 2013 release, the following themes are important:
- Cloud Connectivity
- Ability to run existing BizTalk applications in the cloud (IaaS)
- Improved Performance
- Simplified Development and Management Experience
- Support for the latest platform and standards
In terms of features, this translates to
- Integration with Cloud Services- BizTalk Server 2013 includes new out-of-the box adapters to send and receive messages from Windows Azure Service Bus, making it easy to build hybrid solutions. It also provides capabilities to host BizTalk endpoints in Azure through the Service Bus Relay providing a simple and secure way to connect external partners and application to BizTalk Server on premises.
- RESTful services- BizTalk Server 2013 provides adapters to invoke REST endpoints as well as expose BizTalk Server artifacts as a RESTful service.
- Enhanced SharePoint adapter- Integrating with SharePoint using BizTalk Server 2013 is now as simple as integrating with a file share.
- SFTP adapter-Enables sending and receiving messages from an SFTP server.
- Other enhancements: The ESB capabilities previously introduced in the ESB Toolkit are now fully integrated with BizTalk Server, Dependency tracking,Improvements in dynamic send ports, XslCompiledTransform, more support for protocol updates (X12, EDIFACT, HL7)
There is also a change in the licensing approach, where BizTalk is now moving to a per-core licensing model. If you need more information on this, don't hesitate to let us know.