Chief Financial Officer
Codit is on the lookout for a Chief Financial Officer who will act as the chief financial spokesperson for the organization.
The role of CFO includes driving company financials, performing risk management and deciding on investment strategies. As CFO, you will manage Codit’s financial actions and supervise the entire finance unit. In this role, you will combine focus areas such as leadership, operations, controls and strategy.
Are you up for it? Hit the button and send in your application!
About the Job
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports;
- Coordinate the preparation of Codit its financial statements and management discussion and analysis (annual and interim);
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations;
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance in collaboration with Proximus;
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and participate in key decisions taken by the Proximus ICT departments related to accounting, controlling, payroll, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury (impacting Codit);
- Oversee (preparation of) the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations;
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems;
- Oversee and direct treasury, budgeting, tax, accounting, purchasing, controlling, audit, forecasting and insurance activities within the organization.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial controls and supporting the financial IT systems;
- Ensure the correctness of Codit its insurance coverage;
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements to disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and take steps to enhance, where necessary, the internal control systems within the Corporation;
- Keep the Board aware of the financial position and financial development of the Corporation;
- Develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive the financial performance of the Corporation;
- Ensure proper training of all personnel working on financial, accounting, audit or fiscal matters;
- Oversee and monitor Codit its financial position, banking and financing activities and capital;
- Oversee the Corporation’s processes for identifying, assessing and managing the principal risks of Codit its business;
- Oversee the mandate and the work of the auditors; coordinate the annual audit (and any special or non-recurring audit) with the auditors and in collaboration with Proximus; Also communicate transparently and collaborate to the fullest extent possible with the auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity needs;
- Participate in key decisions and negotiations related to acquisitions impacting Codit;
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives;
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and the Board of Directors/members of the Executive Management Team (both at Codit and at Proximus ICT);
- Assist the CEO in developing, for the Board’s approval, a strategic direction and positioning to ensure sustainable success;
- Review and approve, in consultation with the CEO, The Board of Directors and Proximus Legal, Codit its financial reports and management discussion and analysis.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- A strong demonstrable progressive experience in the field of accountancy, controlling and tax
- 10-15 years of experience in financial management in combination with a people management experience as financial manager/controller/CFO (within an international environment)
- Sound Finance & Tax knowledge. Broad knowledge of the Business is a plus. Good understanding of internal and external processes is an added value
- Experience in managing a team is a must
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
- A cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to both Finance professionals and non-specialists
- Deep knowledge of technologies and software for financial analysis and reporting
- Fluent in English and Dutch (French is a plus)
- Strong ability to plan and to manage different projects
- Strategic insight with a hands-on mentality
- Analytical mind, process-oriented & critical thinking skills
- Exercising sound judgement
- Goal-driven & problem-solving mentality, with empowering leadership skills, maintaining a productive climate and motivating and mobilizing the employees
- Able to engage with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Capacity to drive the “change management” with the teams
- Problem solver who demonstrates diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Ethics, values and transparency are of great importance to you
You will be active in Codit’s HQ in Ghent, Belgium and traveling to our other subsidiaries will be required, yet will be limited.