BizTalk Server 2016
BizTalk Server 2016 is now in General Availability (GA). What is new?
Support for newer platform
BizTalk Server 2016 adds support for the following Microsoft platforms:
- Visual Studio 2015
- Windows Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016
- Office 2016
SQL Server 2016 AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Using on-premises and in Microsoft Azure IaaS virtual machines
- Using for production workloads
- Provides a high available (HA) solution in Microsoft Azure
BizTalk Server Azure VMs in production
BizTalk Server Azure virtual machines are now fully supported for production environments. Using SQL Server 2016 AlwaysOn, a highly available solution is now possible.
Ordered delivery on dynamic ports
- Includes the adapters that support ordered delivery on static send ports
- You can enable the ordered delivery option in the BizTalk Administration console
Adapters and Accelerators
Improvements and changes include:
- SAP adapter now uses SAP Connector for .NET (NCo), while still supporting the classic RFC SDK. WCF-SAP adapter support for the SAP .NET Connector provides more details.
- The import and export option is separated from the Application. For example, you can export a party without exporting the application. You can import a party without importing the application.
- Can choose which parties, business profiles, and agreements you want to import or export
- Can continue to import/export the business-to-business artifacts as you do in BizTalk Server 2013 R2, BizTalk Server 2013, and BizTalk Server 2010.
Some changes include:
- Configure the settings for multiple hosts/host instances simultaneously
- When importing a binding a file, you can choose to import (or not import) the tracking properties. This is a global setting so you can set this feature in your different environments. For example, you can import the tracking properties for your Development environments, and don't import the tracking properties for your Production environments.
- Filter artifacts in the BizTalk Administration console using a new search capability
- Save multiple suspended messages simultaneously to a file within Group Hub
The BizTalk migration process in 6 steps