My answer contained the following statements:
- A new version of a Logic App can be deployed, when there are old versions running.
- A Logic App completes in the (potentially old) version is was instantiated.
- A Logic App gets resubmitted against the latest deployed version.
I quickly took a test to verify if these statements are true.
- I created a long running Logic App with a delay of 1 minute and a terminate with Version 1 as the message.
- I fired the Logic App and immediately saved a new version of the Logic App with Version 2 as the terminate message. The Logic App instance continued running and terminated with the message Version 1.
- If I resubmitted this Logic App, it instantiated a new Logic App from the latest deployed workflow definition. You can verify this by the Version 2 terminate message in the resubmitted Logic App.
I hope these deployment clarifications were helpful!
Subscribe to our RSS feed