Codit Switzerland was part of a Meetup between Microsoft IoT enthusiasts.
Codit Switzerland was part of a meeting between Microsoft IoT enthusiasts. The meeting was organized by Microsoft Schweiz via the popular website Meetup.
The agenda for this first meetup on 15 March 2017 was:
- Introduction of community and board
- Microsoft IoT Overview & what's new, Marcel Lattmann, Microsoft
- Thermoplan case: Roland Krummenacher, bbv
- Microsoft IoT in industrial automation, Luis Delgado, Codit
- IoT Hub Device Management, Sascha Corti, Microsoft
- Outlook | 2nd meetup
- Apéro & Networking (sponsored by Microsoft)
Marcel Lattmann and Sacha Corti of Microsoft Switzerland talked about internet of Things architecture, security and device management. A practical case study of coffee machine manufacturer Thermoplan was presented, showing how these machines actually hook up to the Azure cloud for data analytics, reduced downtime and cost savings.
Luis Delgado of Codit Switzerland held a presentation entitled ‘Microsoft IoT in industrial automation’. It focused around the importance of a gateway to reduce development effort and cost, and the Azure IoT Gateway SDK in particular. Luis also gave a demo to the audience. The PowerPoint slides were made available via Meetup.
The inaugural Meetup was very successful and we believe there will certainly be more of these events!